Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Honey-Roasted Beets

Back in January I took a trip down to Chattanooga for my CLC training. While I stayed the week at the beautiful Chattanoogan Hotel, I checked out some of the local eateries, including one at the hotel. The Broad Street Grill was definitely one of my favorites, and is so due to the fact that not only do they buy local foods that are in season to make up their menu, but I learned to like a new food I had previously disliked: beets.

This dislike, embarrassingly enough, stemmed from an accidental introduction at school when I thought it was canned cranberry sauce...

Anyways, I tried their roasted vegetable dish, which had a variety of root vegetables cooked to perfection. The combination of flavors and textures was out of this world.

Bringing it back home to get my own twist, I bring you my roasted beet recipe.

Ingredients
• 2-3 beet roots
• 2 T Extra Virgin Olive Oil
• 1 T honey 
• 1 t garlic powder
• salt and pepper to taste

Directions
 Preheat the oven to 375°F. Wash the beets thoroughly, and cut off the stems. Those could be saved for another dish if you wish! Thinly slice the beets to form "chips". On a baking pan or cookie sheet, spread the chips out and toss in the oil and garlic powder. Drizzle the honey over top, and add your salt and pepper. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes, or until crisp on edges. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

** This blog and its contents belong to Ashley Georgakopoulos. Please do not duplicate or copy any work without permission from the author.**